Since the 1940s, SPGC members and volunteers have welcomed visitors from surrounding areas to experience some of the Sandhills’ most elegant homes and gardens. Adding to the visual impact of these lovely properties will be creative flower arrangements designed by talented SPGC members. This year’s tour showcases the interiors and landscape architecture of five of the area’s amazing homes, plus the outdoor rooms created by an inspirational garden:
· Inchalene, Southern Pines
· Dunnagan Home, Southern Pines
· Fox Hollow Farm, Southern Pines
· Van Paris Home, CCNC, Pinehurst
· Sandy Woods Farm, Aberdeen
· The Healing Garden at Clara McLean House, Pinehurst
Ticket holders can also enjoy the grounds of the lovely Weymouth Center for the Arts & Humanities and discounts at several local restaurants, listed below.
· Start your tour at any home on the route; most participants begin with the Weymouth Center.
· Check in with your e-ticket for a map and brochure at your first stop.
· Look for directional signs along the route; parking attendants at each home will also assist.
· Ask an attendant if handicap parking is required. Please know that several homes require the use of stairs, limiting the experience if mobility challenged.
· If your group will be arriving by bus or other extra large vehicle, please let us know in advance. We will be happy to arrange for your parking.
· Wear masks while indoors. Disposable masks will be available.
· Strollers and pets are not allowed.
· Take advantage of a 10% discount on brunch or lunch purchased the day of the tour! Participating restaurants include Drum & Quill Public House, Thyme & Place Cafe, Ironwood Cafe, Sandhills Women’s Exchange, Pine Scone Cafe, Sweet Basil, Elliotts on Linden, and Southern Whey.
· Tour will be held “rain or shine.”
Since its founding in 1948, the Southern Pines Garden Club has been active in the cultural landscape of the Sandhills. “Knees in the dirt” members established the mature trees and shrubs that now define the downtown Southern Pines landscape, and their voices shaped the preservation and development of the exceptional standards that the town enjoys today. Throughout the organization’s rich history, their generosity has elevated the community through countless beautification projects and educational opportunities. Today’s membership is dedicated to building on this worthy legacy. For more information, visit www.southernpinesgardenclub.com.