This event is subject to a change of location depending on availability.
This event was rescheduled from April 18 to the current date of August 15
Nationally recognized author and speaker Elizabeth Hartley of Scholarship Gold Consulting will be speaking on navigating the college & scholarship application process. John Robertson, business development manager for high school and graduate programs with The Princeton Review, will also be giving SAT/ACT Tips, Tricks and Strategies.
Students attending this session will receive a comprehensive, hardcover College Success Workbook to guide them through all aspects of college preparation. Parents/Guardians will receive materials related to the process.
Who should come? Any student who has the desire to apply for scholarships. This information is most helpful when students and parents can learn it sooner than later so that they have more time to act on it.
What will we learn? This class will give students and parents valuable information on how to make the decisions throughout high school that will result in maximum admission offers and scholarship money. (Mrs. Hartley’s own children have ended up with extremely affordable educations at Dartmouth, Duke, Yale, Michigan State, and Honors College of Charleston.)
Specifically, the class will:
• Teach students how to get full-ride offers to over 200 schools with just one test
• How to build a transcript that will result in the best admission offers
• How to go to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, Brown, MIT and more for FREE (really)
• Teach them how to find their best college fits- public vs private, faith-based vs secular, etc.
• Cover basic interview skills
• Teach students how to tour and evaluate a college as it relates to the student’s interests
• Identify the best and least expensive ways to increase SAT and ACT scores
• Encourage them to take “ownership” of this next stage in their lives, to be proactive, organized and serious about this decision and help them strategize a game plan to get their best results!
Who is Elizabeth Hartley? Elizabeth Hartley (consultant, author, scholarship judge, columnist and owner of Scholarship Gold Consulting near Charlotte, NC) works internationally with public schools, private schools, homeschool associations and private clients in all elements of preparing for college. Scholarships paid for Mrs. Hartley’s own undergraduate and law school education as well as adventures tracking humpback whales in Hawaii and a year in Europe. And now, her own children have garnered over $1 million in scholarship funds and attend Yale, Dartmouth, Duke, Michigan State, and the Honors College of Charleston.
Now, as a judge and administrator for 9 different scholarships, she gladly shares the secrets to securing the best admission opportunities and most competitive scholarships. She is also a frequent expert consultant for NBC and Forbes. For more information, visit www.ScholarshipGold.com.